幸福很简单,知足,自然常乐。

2010年8月18日星期三

Guilt-laden



        Today I did something I myself think is unforgivable for a student who has entered her second posting...Actually felt quite bad about it for the whole day. 


         This morning doctor asked my friend to take blood, but then he passed the task to me. So he prepared the tray for blood taking and I went to take blood without even bothering to check the tray, to make sure everything needed for blood taking is complete. When I finished taking the second patient's blood, I realised there wasn't enough cotton buds to stop the bleeding. I had to rush back to the store room to get it. I felt so terrible after that incident because it was suppose to be my responsibility to make sure patients are well taken care of. The patient also expressed that I should have prepared the things before taking his blood. Although he seems understanding, saying that I'm a student, but I was so guilty I couldn't face him after that...  =( 


        I really should have checked the tray properly before proceeding to blood taking. Haiz...I hope there won't be a second time of the same situation. 

2 条评论:

  1. jz take it as a lesson..u r still a student anyway..mistake is unavoidable..cheer up..xD make sure u dun repeat the same mistake again next time

    回复删除
  2. Haha...I will make sure of it...^^ someone said my post is like reflective writing...lol...

    回复删除