幸福很简单,知足,自然常乐。

2009年9月30日星期三

What if there is no tomorrow?



     It was a tiring day. I came back, packed my dinner and went to bed as soon as I reached my room. Due to some reasons I forgot to set my alarm. Woke up at 8pm, losing track of time. It was dark in the room, for a moment I did not know whether it was night or day. Then suddenly I realised that my dinner is still on the table, untouched. Like, zzz... sleep until so blur. 


     Sticking to my routine, I turned on the laptop and went to check out the updates in Facebook while I dug into my dinner. To my surprise, many of my course mates were raving about the "earthquake" 2 hours+ ago...and to my horror, I did not realise it, even a little! It is said to be quite obvious. Hmm...I guess I was too tired to notice any shaking in the real world while I was in my dreams. Lol. 


     I wonder, if the tremor is really severe, and the building collapsed, what will happen to me and my friends? Everyday, we live our lives, always telling ourselves that there is still tomorrow. What if, one day, tomorrow never comes? Will we be regretting for the things we have done, or, did not do because we think they can be done tomorrow? 


     Many a time, I tell myself to go out there and do something that I truly enjoy. To tell the people I love, how much I truly cherish and love them. To hug my best friend before waving goodbye. To read that book I always wanted to get my hands on. To buy that beautiful necklace back home for mum...endless things, and ended up doing none of them. And being closer to no tomorrow, got me thinking that, maybe its high time I really DO SOMETHING. Just do it before its too late. 


     Seriously need to be more clear-headed when I sleep (but then this is contradicting, isn't sleeping suppose to be a rest for the mind and body? Haha.) 


     A day nearer to finals. A little scared, but still let myself slack because again, I tell myself there is still tomorrow. Okay, have to start doing everything now...TODAY!!



1 条评论: