幸福很简单,知足,自然常乐。

2009年11月1日星期日

Beauty and the Beast


Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly
Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
And ever just as sure
As the sun 
will rise

Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast





This song has been my all-time-favorite. The moment I listened to it, I fell in love with it. 



Call me a girl who refuse to grow up, 
but there's no denial that this cartoon is a classic.


Well study week started and as I was studying, I "listened" to the cartoon. You know, studying alone in the room can be a tad too lonely. Somehow it stirred a new feeling in me when I watch it now than when I watched it as a little girl. There's more meaning in it than I thought it had. 


It tells of love, of hope, of true beauty under an ugly coat, of how the people who appear to be nice can actually the beast, and vice versa. It also tells us about the learning process of loving a person. Its nice to watch childhood cartoons again...reminds me of the times where I am still pure and all the evils and hurt in the world were still unheard of, to me, and to many other little girls and boys.


Thanks to all the cartoonists back then, who poured their hearts and souls into drawing and producing these cartoons of quality. 




1 条评论: